Annual Garage Sale
Redeemer’s Annual Garage Sale is one of the major fundraisers for our School and Church. The Garage Sale usually occurs in mid-August, with much summer preparation leading up to the sale itself.
- Acceptance of Garage Sale items begins in May and continues throughout the summer.
- In mid July, tables are set up in the School Gym, and the sorting of Garage Sale items begins. Volunteers work morning, afternoon, or evening shifts for a week to sort what is annually a Gym full of “treasures.”
- Pricing begins in late July. Much of the merchandise will be generically priced, so volunteers don’t have to be experts in pricing. Again, the volunteers will work a week of morning, afternoon, and/or evening shifts.
- The Garage Sale itself will be conducted Wednesday, August 2, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Thursday, August 3, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Volunteers are needed to work the floor, monitoring sale activity and straightening up as needed. Teams are also needed for check-out and bagging.
- A clean-up crew begins packing up immediately after the sale on Thursday. The packing takes a couple hours and, as with all of the sale jobs, many hands make lighter and shorter work.
Our Garage Sale provides a great opportunity for the community to come to Redeemer and for workers to interact, not only in fellowship with each other, but also as hosts to people shopping the Sale.
Please email Redeemer Garage Sale Coordinator, Judi Micoley, at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
And, of course, your volunteer service and your rummage – within the guidelines established for this event – will also be accepted!